The picturesque Alpine valley Robanov kot, which has been proclaimed a landscape park, is squeezed under the breathtaking summits of Kamnik-Savinja Alps. The valley was named after the ancient Roban farm, one of the oldest Slovenian farms which has been inhabited for more than 800 years. The outstanding natural beauties, tranquility and few solid mountain farms, the prohibition of motorized vehicles usage will make your family hike just perfect!
What to see and do along Robanov kot trail
- trail starts at the Govc-Vršnik tourist farm (try tasty food! ) and leads in the direction of Mt. Ojstrica,
- the vast moraine deposits and other traces of the last Ice Age and glacial action,
- splendid panorama of the Roban meadow is a true pastoral idyll (do not forget to take a picture! )
- seasonally-operational mountain dairy Robanova planšarija, order portion of soured milk (“kislo mleko”) and “žganci.
- WHEN TO GO: spring, summer, autumn
- DURATION OF THE TRIP: 2 hours
- DIFFICULTY: very easy
- HOW TO GO: hiking trip, cars are not allowed in the park
- APPROPRIATE FOR: couples, families with small children, group trips
- WHERE TO SLEEP AND EAT: Tourist farm Govc-Vršnik (overnights and cuisine), Apartments “Mala hisa”, Bevšek-Ošep Tourist Farm, Apartments “Pod macesnovo streho”, Apartment “Bela”
- SIGHTS AND ACTIVITIES IN SURROUNDINGS: Logar Valley
- MORE INFO: Center Rinka